I am a member of the following organisations, ensuring the highest professional and clinical standards:
British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I bide by its code of ethics and professional practice.
Member of the Taunton Association of Therapists (TAP). Member The black, African and Asian Therapy Network (BAATN).
My name is Denis Victor, Acorn therapy is my private counselling practice in the lovely picturesque Taunton, Somerset.
I generally introduce myself as an integretive Counsellor or Psychotherapist – because that’s the ‘business-card’ approach. However, that’s not quite the whole story. I sometimes say I am a Cross-Cultural Counsellor: Working with Culture, Ethnicity and diversity.
I was born in Uganda. I came to the UK in my Mid Twenties and I have lived here ever since. Although my childhood was quite challenging, it shaped how I relate to the world and left me with a lifetime fascination with how our diverse cultures and backgrounds work.
I founded Acorn therapy in 2018 Once I completed my first counselling degree. I decided to offer a service that gives clients a fresh and unique therapy experience that doesn’t conform to the therapist stereotype. I would love to change the status quo surrounding counselling and psychotherapy and open it up to those who would previously have never considered it.
Besides therapy and counselling, I like cycling, walking, listening and making music (Hand drumming, singing and percussion) which is my second vocational passion – and I strongly believe in the healing properties of music.
I also love adventure and travel.
Through our work together, you may be able to develop the skills needed for emotional health, resilience and well being.
You contact me by, email email@example.com or call, Text, Watsapp: 07561725262
Commitment to Excellence in Therapy
I have a commitment to excellence and I invest in training and continuous personal development (CPD). I am a trained and qualified counsellor.
- I completed 4 years of training, my initial therapy training was at the Iron Mill College in Exeter where I gained a certificate in counselling. I subsequently gained a foundation degree and then studied for a BA in integrative therapy from the University of Worcester.
- I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I abide by its code of ethics and professional practice.
- I have a clean DBS and I am fully covered by Professional Liability Insurance.
- My work is fully supervised by registered supervisors and I continually update my professional development.
- I have travelled widely in my life and I have experienced life in many parts of the world. Travel has given me a wide experience of the various cultures.
Why Choose Me
- I am a Fully Qualified Counsellor
- I work with Current, Innovative ways
- I assist you with your Current Issues, as well as, aim to share Skills for Emotional Resilience
- Through our work together, I aim to assist you to not only address your current concerns but to bounce back from past difficulties and challenges so that you can move forward with vitality in your life.
My way of working is Easy to Understand and can be adapted to your unique individual experience
I provide counselling that will focus on enhancing your Psychological and Emotional well-being so that you can reach your full potential.
- I provide a Confidential, Safe and Supportive Environment
Please Get in Touch!
Click the box below and fill in the form or you can even call us.