Employee assistance programme (EAP)
Support your employees to access counselling through Workplace Counselling in Somerset
I run an Employee assistance programme (EAP) service based in Taunton-Somerset ,offering confidential Workplace Counselling that enables employers and companies in UK provide help and support employees during the difficult times
Employee assistance programme (EAP) and staff counselling
At Acorn therapy in Taunton I offer workplace counselling services that will strengthen your professional relationships and help you achieve a less stressful, more productive workplace. Workplace counselling gives employees access to confidential, free, one to one therapeutic support online. It is generally a short term intervention, and provides a safe space for an employee to explore any issues that are causing them difficulty.
We spend most of our adult waking weekday hours at work. We may spend more time with our workmates and clients than we do with our own families and friends. It’s important that we feel mentally healthy, safe and valued at work, so we can perform at best of our ability and excel in other aspects of life.
Acorn therapy’s employee wellbeing service provides high quality and flexible counselling support for small, medium or large companies.
What support is available?
I work with companies offering employee counselling in Somerset -Taunton, online in Devon, across the UK and abroad. By offering our employee counselling programme you help deal with issues that might be impacting their mental wellbeing and performance. We can offer a range of wellbeing services tailored to the needs of your business from one-to-one counselling to facilitate group programmes or support for managers.
In today’s fast-paced corporate world, there is virtually no organization or company free from stress or has employees who never stress. Employee counselling is the tool to attract and retain the best employees and increase the quality of the workforce in the UK or anywhere in the world. The main objective of employee counselling is to support the employees by providing them advice, guidance, suggestions to solve the prevailing problems and improve physical and mental being.
My Employee Counselling gives the employee an opportunity to vent their feelings in a relaxed, care-free environment without fear of consequence or judgement.
Supporting mental health in the workplace
These are some of the reasons why employees are referred to me for Employee Assistance Programme counselling include:
- Dealing with workplace conflict
- Work-life balance issues
- Interpersonal issues
- Substance abuse
- Discrimination and harassment
- Marital, family and other personal issues
- Dealing with loss and grief
- Adjustment during times of organisational change, including redundancy/end of contract
Mentally healthy workplaces are good for people and businesses
What to expect in the sessions:
We establish a safe, collaborative working rapport. You will be encouraged to talk freely about the issue you’re wanting some help with. Support is provided through the course of the sessions. We’ll discuss how you’d like to be able to manage the issue and develop some strategies to trial and review.
Sometimes a counselling approach may be more suited to the issue and your needs.
Stages of employee Counselling Process:
- Rapport/Relationship Building – Rapport building is the first step in every counselling session I conduct. I use skills like; mirroring, tracking, pacing, attentive listening, and empathy and presents such tools as obtaining informed consent, using self-disclosure, reflecting client feelings etc.
- Assessment/Problem Definition – Here I as a counsellor assess the employee’s feelings, thoughts, behaviours, and interpersonal dynamics. It involves asking my client exploring questions.
- Goal Setting – Third stage of the counselling process, involves a focus on goal setting. Goal setting is a collaborative between me and my client that focuses on the three Cs choice, change, and coping in the process.
- Intervention – Together with my client we establish a plan for change, reviewing the goals set in the process, and preparing for dealing with the problem
- Termination – This is where I assess goal accomplishment, skills gained, available resources and supports, and potential obstacles and we look at follow-up planning. It involves finding alternative ways to help my clients.
How much does Employee assistance programme (EAP) cost?
Most companies offer their employees up to a maximum of 6 x 1-hour sessions paid for by their company. I offer employee counselling sessions on a weekly basis but this can be tailored to meet the needs of the individual – company where necessary. I charge £40 per session but eh the first session is FREE.
7 sessions (1 x initial, 6 x subsequent sessions) = £240
13 sessions (1 x initial, 12 x subsequent sessions) = £480
19 sessions (1 x initial, 18 x subsequent sessions) = £720
Looking after the mental health of employee’s does not simply benefit the individual but also to company or organisation. And, therefore, offering counselling is of benefit to both employee and employer. It is essential, that businesses and organisations help their employees with mental health care as soon as possible. In order to achieve early intervention, employers to spot absence trends and employees who need help. Many companies in Taunton and Somerset have therefore made counselling a part of their corporate culture.
The counselling and advice I provide is confidential. I maintain a strict policy in accordance with privacy laws and professional ethics. No information about you or your use of our service will be available to your employer.
What I offer:
The choice of face to face in Taunton or online counselling sessions across the UK.
A collaborative approach to meet your organisational needs
Pay per session basis – no monthly retainer
Prompt invoicing procedure after each counselling session
If you would like to discuss how confidential workplace counselling could be introduced to support your staff, please do get in touch with me and we can talk about how I might be able to help.