At Acorn therapy we like to be able to offer service that offers safe space for people to explore whatever challenges they may be facing. However, there may be times when you feel down and upset, unaware of services available to help you out, so below are some local and free service available for those difficult times.
These free helplines and services are there to help when you’re feeling down or desperate.
Unless it says otherwise, they’re open 24 hours a day, every day.
Samaritans – for everyone
Call 116 123
Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) – for men
Call 0800 58 58 58
5pm to midnight every day
Childline – for children and young people under 19
Call 0800 1111 – the number won’t show up on your phone bill
The Silver Line – for older people
Call 0800 4 70 80 90
Mind BLMK – for young people and adults
Wellbeing service in Central Bedfordshire, Milton Keynes and Luton
Luton All Women’s Centre – for women
Call 01582 416783
Other useful websites:
Here is a list of generally useful websites for counsellors, therapists, student counsellors in the UK, with a wide range of therapy resources online.
- Cruse Bereavement Care – for bereavement advice and support
- Rape Crisis England and Wales – for women and girls who’ve been raped or sexually abused
- Relate – for relationship advice and counselling
- Samaritans – for people to talk about whatever’s troubling them at any time
- Victim Support – for victims and witnesses of crime
- Offers free child and youth mental health toolkits- Child & Youth Mental Health Toolkits
- A PDF compilation of practitioners sharing their favourite interventions-Therapeutic Activities for Children, Adolescents and Families
- This website offers CBT self-help information, resources and including therapy worksheets-Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Self-Help Resources
- Psychotherapy worksheets of all kinds – depression, anxiety, anger management, stress reduction, self-esteem, groups, individuals, couples, adults, teens, children-Therapy Worksheets
- Psychoeducational Worksheets – Keeping clients on track in between sessions.
- The Helpful Counsellor – Behavior management activities, printables, ideas.
- Group Therapy Activities and Resources – A comprehensive list of videos, books and web sites for their relevance to group therapy ideas, themes, activities and resources.
- Group Therapy Ideas and Themes – An extensive resource of group therapy ideas.
- Group Therapy Activities – A list of expressive group therapy ideas for use in mental health settings for groups of adults, children, and teens
- Positive Psychology Program – Offers extensive blog articles and positive psychology exercises.
- Expressive Art Workshops – This website offers 100 links to art therapy directives on the internet.
- Practice of the Practice – How to launch and grow a private counselling practice in 12 months.
- All Things Private Practice – Practice building tips and a community of support.
- Social Worker Helper – Using therapeutic games in counselling sessions.
- Kim’s Counseling Corner – Resources for child, family and parenting counselling.
- Love is Respect – Teaches youth and young adults about healthy relationships, dating, and communication.
- Love and Life Toolbox – Videos, interactive quizzes, and a directory of healthy marriage and family programs.
- Smart Marriages – Educational workshops and classes, support groups, and multimedia resources.
- Depression and Bipolar Alliance – Offers a wealth of resources, including downloadable educational materials and self-help tools.
- Families for Depression Awareness – In addition to news, interviews with experts, and training webinars, FFDA offers a “depression wellness analyzer” feature, “mental health family tree” tool, and a “depression and bipolar test.”
- Recover from Grief – Valuable information about the grieving process as well as coping strategies.
- The Grief Toolbox – Articles, other resources, and an online art gallery help support individuals in the grieving process
- Navigating Grief – Provides educational tools and insight into the grieving process from the point of view of a hospice volunteer, widow, and caregiver.
- Gift from Within – Resources, information, and useful tools for those recovering from trauma of many kinds.
- LGBTQ Resources and Services – Providing educational and empowering resources surrounding human sexual diversity and sexual orientation.
- The Addiction Recovery Guide – Offers links to treatment options, programs and resources, medications used in treating addiction, holistic approaches to addiction.
- Addiction Land – Expert perspectives on various addictions.
- Addiction Professional – Blogs by addiction professionals.
- National Institute of Drug Abuse for Teens – Provides numerous links and resources pertaining to drug abuse among adolescents ages 11 through 15.
- Suicide Prevention Resources – Support for suicide prevention in Canada.
- Anxiety BC – Activity forms and toolkits for managing anxiety.
- Anxiety.org – Learn about different types of anxiety, how to deal with anxiety issues.
- The Child Anxiety Network – Dedicated to anxiety issues in children and youth. Child-specific information about symptoms, coping strategies, and resources.
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America – Comprehensive resource for facts and information about a variety of anxiety-related issues.
- Calm Clinic – Resources for panic and anxiety disorders.
- Counselor Magazine Blog – The magazine for addiction counsellors.
- Online Therapy Institute Blog – Information about online therapy and how to run an internet practice
I hope you have found this list of useful websites for counsellors, therapists useful
At Acorn Therapy, we offer professional and affordable counselling and therapy to adults, teenagers, groups and schools in Taunton Somerset and Exter Devon.LET'S GET STARTED NOW!